Thursday, March 23, 2006

At least it wasn't the main gas line...

I am having a sprinkler system installed for my lawn. After a lengthy delay of a week to get some kinda permit from the city government, the project finally went underway today. As luck would have it, the workers decided to dig haphazardly and managed to sever the main phone cable that was buried underneath the lawn. Sweet! no phone or internet for a while. I suppose I am lucky that they missed the main gas line, as a smoking crater where my house used to be would be much worse than simply not having internet.... though not by much.

Edit: Wow, they sure were fast with the repairs. Apparently a "temporary" solution is in place until tomorrow, when they will make it more permanent. I assume this temporary solution is simply stealing the neighbor's bandwith. Sweet.

No comments: