Wednesday, January 07, 2009

VO: V Day 4-Outlets-O-fun

The rest of the Veggies went out to Death Valley today while PP, M, and I went to check out the Premium Outlets of Las Vegas. There is also a Premium Outlet here in Houston, but the one in Vegas had way more name brands. The main purpose of the trip was to get some new clothing for me. As most of my friends know, I tend to be somewhat "thrifty" on the clothing spending. As such, I tend to wear jackets for too long and PP would have none of this!

We first stopped by a Kenneth Cole outlet and PP immediately saw the perfect jacket! It was made from some kinda wool/cotton/polyester combination but looked awesome. I tried it on and it was a perfect fit. Just 10 minutes into the trip, I had already gotten some extremely phat lewtz.

We next stopped at a shoe outlet where we picked out two pairs of slip-on dress shoes. One was leather and went well with the jeans I was wearing, and the other was a bit dressier to wear with khakis or dress pants. As I went to check out, I realized that Citibank also knew of my thriftiness with clothing as they had automatically put a block on my card after the jacket purchase. If you remember from before, this is NOT the first time this has happened!! At least this time all I had to do was call in and confirm that it was indeed me who was making the purchases instead of just having my card canceled on the spot.

We walked from store to store and leisurely shopped afterwords. Ultimately, the entire haul was 2 shoes and 2 jackets for me, M got a sweater, and PP got some T-shirts and several bottles of lotion/face-wash. Since we had so much stuff to bring back, we also bought 2 Samsonite suitcases to carry it all. After a pretty tiring day of shopping, we headed back to the hotel in preparation for our show tonight: 'O'

'O' in a sense was just like Le Reve. It was a show that was set in water and had all the same wonderful choreography and synchronization. One major difference was that while Le Reve was much more artistic, 'O' was much more physical as it featured more acrobatic performances with a more centralized focus on the stunts over the choreography. The diving portion was particularly powerful as they had professionally trained divers being launched into the air in series from 3 different take-off points forming this strange yet awesome display. The best part of the performance was four contortionists who used their bodies to build human pyramids while bending and flexing in all sorts of exotic ways. It really makes you wonder if they even had spines.

No comments: