Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Giving Up the Ghost

My Xbox360 and I have been through quite a lot. From Veg Outs to Vegas, BF2 to BF2142, Viva Pinata to Dynasty Warriors, Bachelor to Groom, the Xbox360 has seen its fair share of Cucumber history. However, this weekend, the dreaded RROD finally popped up, ending our brief but torrid affair. I noticed strange green tint on powering up Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires and confirmed the GPU was fried when ODST presented many many purplish lines across the screen. On trying to power it up one more time to save stuff to the memory card, it finally RRODed. I pawned off a bunch of old games at pennies on the dollar to get a new 360 from gamespot, but today, it dawned on me that it might still be under warranty! According to my blog, I purchased this console in December of 2006. Since Microsoft extended the warranty to 3 years on RROD, this potentially means I can return my 360 for repairs! Perhaps I will take back the new 360 and get a PS3 instead...

No comments: