Sunday, November 27, 2005

Great time was had by all!

Thankgiving was great this year. We had the usual gathering of massive amount of friends. We all had a nice dinner on the friday after Thanksgiving (at this Wolfgang Puck's) and about 12 people came to my house for a nice jam session with Guitar Heroes. I was able to procure a second guitar from Red Octane just in time for this. Everyone had lots of fun, but the highlight of the day was watching two brothers (both of whom play guitar in real life) duel it out. The younger brother was able to hit the insane solo to near perfection on "Bark at the Moon"

Speaking of Guitar Hero, I cannot say enough about how incredibly fun this game is. The SG controller just feels right in your hands. The 30 core songs are not played by their original artists, but the programmers did an astounding job replicating the song. So well in fact that the brothers couldn't even tell they were replicas!

I have been playing this game like a maniac the past couple of days. Playing to the point that whenever I hear guitar music, I see multitudes of greens, reds, yellows, blues, and the cursed oranges. So far, I have been able to to get 5 stars on almost all the songs (1 song with 4) on medium. I am having trouble on the last couple of songs on the 6th venue on hard difficulty. I just cannot shift that fast.

Saturday was bowling night. Using my awesome spin technique, I was able to consistantly place the ball at the same location every toss. It's just unfortunate that this particular place was always the far left 3 pins. We had a friendly competition going between "my" gang and "BlupnutMM's" gang. We thoroughly crushed them the first game despite my doing my best to drag the team down. We lost the second game on a technicality (They bowled better scores...).

Seems like a fun time was had by all since I have gotten 2 person's laments about having to go back to school/work in distant locales. Hopefully everyone can gather at Christmas time for more fun!

No comments: