Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hurry up and wait

Had an eye exam this morning to take a look at this annoying stye I keep getting near my left eye. Turns out I have some genetic condition in which the pores around my eyes tend to get clogged easily and so it's easier for me to get styes. Also, the stye kinda got infected so now I have to use this antibiotic ointment as well as an antibacterial eye drop. Whether or not these will enable me to shoot laser beams out of my eyes is still yet to be determined.
The most annoying thing was that I had the first appointment of the day, and I still had to wait 30 minute in an empty waiting room before someone told me that the doctor I was supposed to see had some problems or something or other and that I would need to see another doctor there. But on the bright side, I now know from CNN that a human stomach can hold up to 3 pints of food and that only 5-10% of sore throats are caused by bacteria.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMFG I hate those! The waiting room reminds me of interarrival times...

moonfleck said...

oh that sux! I guess this means you gotta clean your face more often, like 3 times an hour :)

Velius said...

Yes, especially at work. Now I have excuse to be gone from my desk 20 min out of every hour! woot!

Anonymous said...

Then compiling for the other 40 minutes of every hour.