Friday, September 16, 2005

So what makes a Sidekick Sing?

My drive to work in the morning is usually very short but I often times still get to listen in on bits and pieces of the Morning Show on 104.1 KRBE. This radio station has one of the more popular morning shows and usually have good guests. Maybe I was groggy in the morning from just waking up, but when they introduced the guest today, I swear they said "Today, we welcome the Singing Sidekick." This perked my interest because I was curious as to what exactly makes a sidekick sing.

After a few moments of intent listening, I realized they actually meant the Singing Psychic. This person actually "sang" her "prophecies." At this point, I quickly turned off the radio because I had no intention of hearing some off pitch singing of some lunatic's prophetic visions (the basis of her powers was that she got into a car accident which caused her some brain damage and now she sees visions).

After a short while however, the silence eventually got to me and I turned it back on to the following exchange:
DJ: So, many of us in Houston are wondering if the Astros will make it into the playoffs
Singing Charlatan: I see, what color are the teams colors?
DJ: Well, Red, Black, White, Blue.
Singing Charlatan: Okay, who is the quarterback?
DJ: Umm, the Astros are a BASEBALL team....
:Silence:
:Crickets Chirping:

At this point, I turned it off for good..

No comments: