Friday, February 17, 2006

Shanghai

Arrived in Shanghai yesterday by plane. The plane ride was quite pleasant; much more so than by train. The trip was also significantly shorter (2 hours vs. 8 hours) and the tickets cost the same! Have to thank my cousin for finding these wonderful tickets. When I arrived in Shanghai, I kinda expected it to be warmer than Beijing. Unfortunately, it was snowing when I arrived. It is still snowing....

On the plus side, the internet connection here in Shanghai is pay by the month instead of pay by the minute. However, trying to cucumbertrade on a machine with 256 RAM and 32 meg onboard video is painful at the very least. More bad news is someone has entered the market in my absence and undercut my pricing, I shall attempt to fix this situation and send ninjas to ensure this person never tries again. Death? No, something much much worst for an internet junkie, I shall sever his broadband cable MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA...maniacal laughter..

Shopping day is today, so far I have gotten 3 requests for the 5-member boxed set of plush 2008 Beijing Olympics mascots. Now in order to get the real products, I have to go to specially licensed Olympics dealers. Getting the "real" ones is significantly easier, but that would be wrong.

Wedding is tomorrow, apparently I have the duties of preventing the groom from seeing the bride or something or other [Dang(3) Men(2)]. I am supposed to bug the crap out of the groom and prevent him from visiting the bride to take her to the ceremony. Sends like fun, hopefully I can get my ground defense badge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool, whose wedding are u attending?

speaking of weddings, i have to attend one as well. had to trouble of finding stupid dress shoes that fit my feet.. irritating.

-jiff