Monday, October 02, 2006

The Great Schism

Warning: The following contains content of a dramatic quality, viewer discretion is advised...

Over the weekend, several of us left our old guild in WoW and joined a new one. While there were very nice members in the old guild, the leadership had much to be desired. Organization was poor and the only excuse was that it was a "casual" guild. Unfortunately, disorganized and deaf/blind aren't synonyms for casual. One of the officers made some particularly snide remarks about the people who left stating to the effect of: "Some people are in it for themselves and not the guild"

This to me is extremely hypocritical. This same officer once demanded to get an item because "I already have one ring from the set and it would complete MY set." This is after said person had already gotten a very nice cloak item. Ahh of course, I see this person's logic now: by giving me all the good items, it obviously helps the guild because I am cooler. Robin Hood would be proud.

The new guild is very promising as the leadership seems to be much more organized. One small problem is that it reunites Roza and I with some old "friends" from Diamond Dragons....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And some new spastic friends. I've put up a transcript of the horror!

I never understood why that officer hated you. And that dark side that came out at the meeting!

Velius said...

Well, it was probably because I kept bringing up points that required a direct answer and they kept wanting to give wishy-washy responses instead of actually answering a question or solving a problem. I kept trying to force them to actually make decisions as leaders.