Friday, August 03, 2007

Chipotle 2: Burrito Combat

After many months of hearing how amazing this Chipotle place was, I finally had a chance to go today. There were many previous failed attempts caused mostly by the unwillingness of my coworkers to walk about 1/2 mile to the location. I had heard many stories about the fabled "Chipotle Burrito" and was quite eager to see how my encounter with it would go. I went with the chicken fajita burrito with no beans. This burrito truly is massive in size, and tasted pretty good. Next time, I think I will skip out on the guacamole as the taste of it was a bit too strong. Overall, Chipotle was a great experience. While the burrito there is definitely good, it didn't really present itself as unique outside of it's size. It could be the fact that good Mexican restaurants are in ample supply in Houston.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you mean the chain? I eat at Chipotle all the time, and while I think they are a great chain, I wouldnt' walk half a mile to go there either.

You paid the extra 1.50 for guacamole?!?!?!

Velius said...

I didn't know it would cost extra for that stuff. Essentially I paid to have less enjoyment. Kinda like when we used to play FFXI.

moonfleck said...

yeah I wouldn't eat Chipotle in Houston either.. I mean its for the wild northern wasteland where they barely heard of the term "tex mex"

Anonymous said...

You should try the Burrito Bol too.

Tochi said...

Northern wasteland, eh? I would love it if someone can open a Chipotle in Toronto. :)