Monday, October 01, 2007

Forward, down, down-forward, + punch

Had a small open house at the office today to celebrate the team's acquisition of...a table. Really it was just an excuse to have a small office party. Somehow, the conversation went to kungfu. Apparently, all asian people know kungfu. I was actually asked "So, what style of kungfu do you know? Praying Mantis? Monkey? Drunken Monkey?" Well, since I didn't know any of them, I was asked what were my top ten kungfu movies. Hmmmm, need some help here!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your style would obviously be dragon fist.

Here are some good movies:

Fist of Legend (Jet Li version)
Iron Monkey (original, not sequel)
Hero
Fearless
Drunken Master
maybe Meals on Wheels
The Once Upon a Time series
The Tai Chi Master

Clearly I have a bias towards Jet Li, but I really think his choreography and moves are some of the best. Donnie Yen is ok, but his movies tend to be a bit cheesy, and they get worse as his role increases. He was good in Sha Po Lang though.

Ong Bak would not qualify under kung fu, but it is a pretty good fighting movie.

I guess Kung Fu Hustle was funny, but not so great in terms of actual fighting

Unknown said...

kung pao: enter the fist :)

kidding.

those above are good classics.
(except wtf is meals on wheels??)

moonfleck said...

Shaolin Soccer!!

oh and the first Jet Li movie, "Shaolin Temple"