Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Quest for beans

I have always wanted a beanbag chair. The trip to PAX earlier this year just further cemented that desire. On a whim, I decided to finally order a nice beanbag chair from the people over at sumolounge, the same people who provided the beanbags at PAX. However, after not hearing anything from them for 4 days (not even a confirmation email), I decided to call in to check the status of my order. Apparently, they "never" received my order. When I wondered why my credit card had already been charged, the representative vehemently told me that "it's not possible" because they only run my credit card when the product is shipped.
Now, I used to work at a less than scrupulous computer parts dealer and know all about these tricks of the trade they use. So I pointed out that the charge was made on 11/24 which is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Of course, I know these people are so hardworking that they even ship during public holidays when the shipping companies aren't even open. When confronted with this fact, he decided to tell me that I best contact Mindy tomorrow during normal business hours of 9-5 EST. I found this very strange because the company is located in California which is on PDT...Oh well, we shall see tomorrow.

Addendum: Sumo Lounge doesn't suck, but their whole order tracking system does. After finally getting into contact with Mindy, I was notified that the bag was conveniently shipping today. To her credit, she was courteous throughout the entire call so that's a plus.

5 comments:

Kungfucius said...

Man...that sounds so shady from the way that rep talked to you -_- Hope you get it worked out.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, very strange...I would have though sumo would be a more reputable dealer. Maybe they are not doing so well financially?

Anonymous said...

Better make sure your bag wasn't used to ship illegal drugs.

moonfleck said...

color? shape? size? :)

Velius said...

I got the Omni one. It's the same size as the ones at PAX and the color was Midnight Blue.