Monday, August 18, 2008

Prince of Tennis

I finally "convinced" myself to take up tennis after forcibly buying a racket a couple of weeks ago. I have always wanted to learn how not to hit the ball out of the court and so far, things look kinda bleak. The main problem the first time out was that I only brought 1 can of balls. It's amazing how unfun it is to have to pick up tennis balls every 15 seconds. I should have borrowed BlupnutMM's lovable lab to come retrieve the balls for us.

Anyhow, my main playing partner is Papaya who after playing that incredibly unsatisfying trial, decided to buy a basket and 48 balls. Drive A here I come!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great! One of my housemates also plays, so bring your racquet when you come over in Aug. I'll be demonstrating my "Kira Zone" technique for you :0

Kungfucius said...

Whoa wait...when's Velius going to San Diego?

Velius said...

The week of August 2-5. Business trip just dropped on me yesterday =)

Kungfucius said...

But today is August 19th....

Velius said...

Ooops, I meant September 2-5 haha

Anonymous said...

Velius is going back in time to destroy Ender...

IN TENNIS!!!

I look forward to hearing the names of your new techniques. I'll get you started:

The Lemon Slice

BTW, if only we had a Zucchini in our ranks, that person could do the Squash Shot.

moonfleck said...

lol, trust Kabitzin to come up with some puns.

I have also been playing tennis for a bit. Time for a Veggie tournament next time!!