Wednesday, January 07, 2009

VO: V Day 5-A Grand Finale

Today being the last day and travel day, I didn't really do much. The other Veggies got up early to go to have brunch buffet at the Mirage, but PP was not feeling well that morning and I had a whole lot of stuff to pack so I stayed behind. After everything was packed, we decided to go have the buffet downstairs at the MGM Grand.

We got there at 10:54 AM and were able to pay breakfast prices for lunch! In sharp contrast to the Bellagio Buffet, the food at the MGM Grand was awesome. The ribs were tender and well marinated, the beef was extra tender, and all the fruits and vegetables were perfectly ripened. Before the meal, I had met the Veggies one last time outside in front of the lobby and apparently Lemon had won enough money in poker the night before that he offered to pay for everyone's food! After stuffing myself again with food, I headed to the airport.

On the way to my flight, I met jOrange and Kiratomato at the airport and we just chatted a bit until my flight. My flight had my arriving about 2 hours earlier into Houston than PP and M so I just spent some time walking around the airport and playing Chrono Trigger on the DS. I even met a lady from Belize who had to spend the night at the airport and gave her my M&Ms since I figured I didn't really need them as much as she would. After PP and M arrived, our friend picked us up from the airport and we were headed back home!

Overall, this Veg Out was fantastic. PP, M, and I all had a wonderful time and it was really great meeting all the Veggies again. Special thanks to Lemon who organized the whole thing. So when is VO: VI?

1 comment:

moonfleck said...

hey, awesome recap. Thanks for writing it so I don't have to =P

I kinda agree with you on the Bellagio buffet, it was way over priced. The mirage brunch buffet we had on the last day was really good too.