Friday, March 06, 2009

And they would have gotten there faster if they accepted me!

Congrats to the MIT Basketball team on making it into the NCAA tournament for the first time in school history. However, they probably would have gotten there sooner if they had accepted me when I was a 7 foot 11 high school senior applying to their school! Apparently, on my application to MIT, they misread my height to be 7'11 instead of 5'11. One day, I received a call from the MIT athletic director:

Director: It says here that you are 7'11 and listed basketball among your extracurricular activities? Is this true??
Me: ... Sorry, that must have been some kinda mistake, I do like basketball but I am only 5'11..
Director: Oh...well you know MIT doesn't offer any athletic scholarships right?
Me: I didn't know that....
Director: Okay, well good luck on the application process.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow you really shrunk between junior and senior year...