Thursday, March 30, 2006

Outrage...

You would not believe the outcry from people who want AutoBuff to work again. There are so many posts on this mod at worldofwar. I use the mod myself and I would rate it as #1 or #2 in terms of practicality and overall usefulness (Decursive is close) so I totally understand. Here is a workaround someone found.

"A workaround is possible (yet untested by me): Removing the hook lines (Jump = AutoBuff_JMP; to CameraOrSelectOrMoveStop = AutoBuff_CMF;) should unblock the addon. Users do need to manually autobuff theirselves then, by a /script AutoBuff_Check(0); macro (or the provided keybinding). AKX 05:24, 30 March 2006 (EST) "

In practical speak, I believe it means open up the AutoBuff.lua file in textpad/wordpad. Find the start of the block beginning with Jump = AutoBuff_JMP and either comment out (adding -- in front of a line comments it out I believe) or delete everything down to and including CameraOrSelectOrMoveStop = AutoBuff_CMF. This basically removes all the hooks (Blizzard banned these) and allows the mod to function properly. Albeit it is no longer fully automatic buffing, all you have to do is spam a button to buff yourself with all the buffs you configured.

*Edit, this does unblock the script, but the checking algorithm for the buffs is not working so this fix does NOT fix autobuff.. whee

No comments: