Thursday, July 26, 2007

Computer breaking

It seems like I have finally computer broken the 10 year old. He plays whatever he wants while I am not home, but when I get home from work, he knows that his time is up and that I can kick him off the computer at any time. When I do kick him off, he doesn't go into emo mode and start ranting and complaining like the 13 year old. He just walks away and goes to play Xbox.

While using the computer, he loves to play runescape. I had read about the fierce rivalry between WoW and Runescape and how the two communities hate each other, but I don't really see how people can like Runescape. The graphics are so horrible and the combat so boring. He whacked this goblin for 15 minutes before finally killing it. 90% of the time, both he and the goblin were hitting each other for 0 damage.

The most amusing thing was that some other player, let's call him Snal, had told the kid that he could customize armor. Being completely naive, the kid gave his armor to Snal, who promptly ran off with it. Ahh, brings back memories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea what Runescape was, so I looked it up. Ok, how is there a rivalry between WoW and Runescape? Runescape looks "playing" an animated gif.

15 minutes to kill a goblin? Was he playing a paladin or something?

Perhaps you should take pity on this poor innocent lad, and teach him the wonders of cucumbertrading

Velius said...

But it's because of people like him that cucumbertrading exists in the first place! =)