Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Your Space? NO!! MYSPACE!!

I don't quite understand the allure of myspace and how someone can spend 25/8/366 on it. Out of curiosity, I asked the resident addict just what was so important that she couldn't leave my computer. Her response was that "it would be rude not to reply to the comments on her myspace." When asked to consider that it may also be rude to hijack another person's computer without permission, her reply was "psssh, whatever!!" A strong rebuttal indeed.

However, during dinner with our house guests last night, she revealed a critical weakness that may be exploited to rescue my computer from the depths of spyware. The Harry Potter book release! Her parents will not allow her to go to the midnight premiere nor will they get up early the next morning to get a copy. My plan is to get a copy of this fabled book, then slowly tear pages out of it one at a time in front of her until she caves in and abandons my computer. Harsh? yes. Necessary? absolutely!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are lucky her reply wasn't to knife you (with a Cutco knife).

Here is an easier, more effective, and cheaper idea: get the torrent and threaten to spoil the plot for her unless she abandons the computer.

Woot, flag defend!

What happened to setting up another PC? Just answering comments feasible even on a slow computer.

Velius said...

I did set up a second computer, but as soon as it was set up, the 10 year old abandoned Halo and was immediately on the second computer.

moonfleck said...

or, you can log into your router and block the myspace website... m

girl:"omg, myspace is down, I can' access it, all my friends will hate me'

Velius:" muhhahahha.. i mean, oh I am so sorry, must be network problem..."

Anonymous said...

I think the answer is you need to buy a new computer.

But Catnip's suggestion is deliciously evil.

Velius said...

Hmm, this logging into router and blocking myspace is sounding better and better.

Velius said...

Well, whatever way it was, she certainly didn't get off the computer afterwards.