Monday, July 16, 2007

Wanna buy some knives?

Both Catnipped and I have experienced the awesomeness that comes with selling Cutco Brand knives. We were both duped into attending their "interviews" where the only requirement to get the job is a working car. Even though the whole recruiting process was a bit sketchy, apparently the knives themselves are quite awesome.

The house guests came by and while casually ransacking the home, came across the Cutco Super Shears that I had bought as part of my demo kit a long time ago. They were also one of the first families that I sold some knives too. They went on to rave for 30 minutes about how good the knives were, how awesome those scissors were, and how everyone that uses them immediately want a set of their own. They have been using them for over 8 years now and and are quite satisfied. Certainly makes me feel better about taking their money.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I have the most fantastic vegetable peeler and pizza cutter from my brother's brief stint with Cutco =D

Velius said...

Yeah, they were raving about the vegetable peeler as well. They also mentioned that many friends were disappointed by cheap imitations that they tried to buy.

Anonymous said...

I actually have a pretty lame pizza cutter and vegetable peeler. Are the Cutco ones really that good?

ARGGRHGHG what am I saying?!

Velius said...

Yes, they are actually that good. I cannot vouch for the pizza cutter since I don't have one, but the peeler is awesome.

moonfleck said...

omg, i have never even sold one kit, thus I am robbed of such gratifying feelings :(