Monday, June 23, 2008

Etrian Odyssey 2

Read reviews on this game and they were all generally positive. What piqued my interest was that almost all the reviews noted the game for its punishing, merciless, unforgiving levels of difficulty; right up my alley! The Veggie clan was quickly registered with:

Cucumber -> Ronin
Grapes -> Protector
Catnip -> Dark Hunter
Kiratoma (stupid character limitation) -> War Magus
DataSix -> Hexer
Lemon -> Land shark

So far, Cucumber and Catnip have been slain by a giant caterpillar who 1-shotted them. I have also had my first voluntary encounter with a FOE and I learned a valuable lesson. When the warning says, DON'T FIGHT THE FOE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HALLWAY, don't fight it...That thing 1-shotted everyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So did that Youtube F.O.E. video make more sense now?

Velius said...

Well, it makes more sense. This particular FOE was on the first floor and it was a stationary one. There were several warning signs advising against engaging it. I just decided to test my party and see if it had was it takes. It obviously didn't...

I totally love the fact you have to draw your own map. It really adds to the feeling of exploration.

Kungfucius said...

Land Shark? Do I chomp on defenseless land fish or something?

moonfleck said...

err what are you talking about? and how did I get 1-shotted, I should have knifed the thing!