Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Respec

Since the 41 point talents are made available today for WoW. Here is how I plan to spec my characters:

Cattie: Not as mana efficient as my previous build, but I do regain Ice Barrier and Improved Blizzard. Empowered Icebolt should make up for the lost damage/crit from losing arcane instability.
Lans: Lose Blessing of Sanctuary, but overall healing capacity is much increased
Lilis: Everyone is saying how nerfed warriors are gonna be, but I actually like this talent build a lot more, the only thing I really lose is 10 defense
Velius: No aimed shot...whee. But since aimed shot resets the autoshot timer, probably only get one of these the whole fight anyways.
Xhandra: Should be Just as effective as before
Tishani: Probably massively less direct damage than before, but much much stronger DoTs
Nadiya: Reading up on the new Balance Talents, I would really like to try a Moonkin druid and steal all the casters' spell damage gear. Molridia, give this build a try and lemme know how it works out =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cattie - I can't help but wonder how good the summon will be. Should be funny either way.

Lans - Too bad about where BoK is in the tree, forcing you more one way. Pallies have even more hard choices to make now.

Lilis - A throwaway point in Improved Disciplines, but why not a point in Second Wind instead? And no more pretending to tank?

Velius - Wow, no aimed shot. Was "Go For the Throat" always a hunter skill??? Awesome name, reminds me of Guild Wars.

Xhandra - Combat rogue changes are so minimal. Very cookie cutter, because many of the choices really are just so obvious.

Tishani - Seems pretty good, and less like a gimped mage. How many debuff slots are available in TBC?

Nadiya - No improved moonfire?! What kind of Ownkin are you?!

Skie - Make sure to take Improved Banking and Cucumbertrading, as I hear they are getting buffed in the expansion.

Velius said...

Hmm, you do have a point about second wind there. I didn't really take into account how often I was stunned or incapacitated. Believe it or not, I actually use shield wall quite often. I kinda have this danger sense of sorts that lets me know "oh crap, this pull is not going as planned and the other tank is totally craptacular so I better pick up as many adds as possible" and so I pop shield wall to make sure I take as much punishment as possible before going down.

The only real thing I lose from ability to tank is the 10 defense from anticipation. Something, a draconian deflector can make up.

Velius said...

Oh wow... I didn't notice that anticipation now adds 20 defense instead of 10..... Hmmmm.

Go for the Throat is a new skill introduced either in this patch or TBC.

I think we will get 32 debuff slots in TBC. In raids, even at maximum debuffing, I noticed I couldn't really keep up with the mages/rogues with warlock in DPS. With mage, I easily out-dps the others.

Anonymous said...

Wow, the actual build I'm using now (as of the patch) is pretty close to what you have there!

My tweaks: Left off Nature's Grasp completely (it's pretty much useless for instances, except for the *few* outdoors ones)

got all ranks of Improved Moonfire (you gotta have improved moonfire! :P although, this talent calculator says there are only 2 ranks, and in game atm there are 5... :/)

3/3 Moonglow

4/5 Wrath of Cenarius (but if imp moonfire was only 2 ranks, you'd better believe I'd have 5/5!)

That's all my tweaks. I need to try it in actual moonkin form tonight! :P