Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Brief Poll

As most people know, there will be a Raid of Houston going on this New Years. Lots of people should be coming, so I am just trying to plan out what sorta activities we will be doing. Here is what is set in stone atm:

January 1st: Hunt down various gentle woodland creatures from Randalls/Walmart. Visciously skin them, grill them, and devour their corpses. Kung will serve as master of the grill. Expecting about 14-15 people here, so it should be a good time. If any druids object, too bad. I personally do not drink, but I am sure some of you do, so whatever you all want, lemme know so I can pick it up.

January ??: Have dim sum at the Kim Sum next to my house. Probably need to get there a bit early so we won't have to wait too long.

That's about all I have that is set in stone. Other things to consider:

Kemah Boardwalk: This place is pretty nice, has some nice views but mostly, it's just a shopping district with some very nice restaurants. It has some rides and stuff as well.

Space Center Houston: Oh yay, Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of the blah blah blah. This place is pretty interesting for first time visitors, but it's a bit too kiddy museum-esque. This will probably be an all day affair if we decide to go as it's FARRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (Mmm, Deviate delight) away.

Galveston Island: Fun place, lots of beach and surf. However, this is the dead of winter and so, going to the beach may not be the best of ideas. Also, very far away.

Museums and stuff around Houston Area: Any of these are fair game. Most of them are fairly nice. Personally, I really have no gift for artistry, nor do I know how to truly appreciate it enough to enjoy Art Museums.

Sightseeing in Houston: Ummm, see this, take a good look. Done? Good, you've seen Houston, Congrats.

Board games/Card games/Video games: We have lots of fun party games to play, including Taboo, Pictionary, Cranium, etc etc. Card games: Mafia (Random, Senseless Killing, so awesome), Bang! (Random, Meaningful Killing), maybe some others. Video games. I am gonna pick up an Xbox360 and Patronus will be bringing some of her games so it should all work out.

Please lemme know what you all wanna do ahead of time so I can plan it out and stuff (Sheep Star, Sleep Triangle, Sap Circle, Kill X, etc etc). If there are other places or events you all wanna go to (Bowling, Achery, Basketball, Movies, Giving Me all your money) let me know as well. Hopefully this will be a blast for everyone and maybe we can make this some kinda annual event.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

DIm Sum!

Anonymous said...

and Karaoke :)

Anonymous said...

You didn't mention guitaring. Can't believe I am missing dim sum at the Kim Sum T__T. Most of the things I read about doing in Houston seem to be warm weather things. Maybe catch a show of some sort?

Is Kung grilling up some kicking pork chops?

After I opened that picture of Houston I gained 38 exp.

Anonymous said...

I'm in favor of anything that doesn't involve an exorbitant amount of traveling.

Basketball is always a plus in my book, though I don't know how many people actually like playing it. And are you serious about the archery option?

Patronus, are you bringing your xbox360 as well? 8-player Gears of War would be quite cool.

Velius said...

Yes, Serious about archery, we have an indoor shooting range here. Patronus can bring her Xbox360, the problem will be acquiring the necessary number of controllers. We shall see.

Velius said...

Karaoke.... Well, I DO have Karaoke Revolution.... but I think you might mean the real thing

Anonymous said...

err, we can try karaoke revolution I suppose. I will bring my 360 if it can fit in my suitcase and I don't die from lugging two of them around =P

Anonymous said...

I won't mind giving archery a try. :) The Grill and Korean sum sounds good! I think we can skip out on the Space Center and museums too.

Is there really nothing going on in Galveston? No New Year parties (not the "uni" ones).

Are there any good comedy clubs? Might be fun to go as a group.

What about the mega 20 lane highways and Exxon refineries? I want tours of those =)

Anonymous said...

Would anyone be up for tennis? Or maybe some virtua tennis? :P

Velius said...

Tochi: Ummm, mega 20 lane highways... Well, there is a nice busy intersection nearby, but it's hardly 20 lanes and it's not really all that scenic. Exxon refinery: Errrr....do you really want to tour a refinery? If you want barrels of crude oil though, I might be able to help. Hmm, you know, there might be some galveston parties, will have to look into it and see if people wanna drive that far. As for comedy clubs, I am sure they are around, just have to find them.

Kung: Tennis would be cool, there are some nice tennis courts, relatively nearby we can go to. I personally suck, but it should be fun.

Kabitin: CHANGE YOUR PLANS NOW, come on, you got a nice job, lawyer fiance, don't tell me you cannot change your plans =p

About Archery: The place is called Viking Archery, and we have been there several times. You can either shoot Regular or Composite bows. They have targets and also various animal caricatures to shoot at. I lost 2 hamburgers to Kung, that damn hustler..

Kungfucius said...

I have a Heroscape set that my friend has lend to me since he's not playing it at the moment, so if anyone is interested in playing it, I'll see if i can package it up and bring it down.

http://www.hasbro.com/heroscape/

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely up for some tennis, although I haven't played in like 4 years. Reading the Prince of Tennis manga has given me delusions of twist serves and buggy whip shots :) Bring all your rackets Kung!

Heroscape looks kind of convoluted...how easy is it to learn?

Kungfucius said...

Heroscape is pretty easy to pick up. It looks complicated, but the rules are very simple compared to D&D.

Anonymous said...

Wiiii Tennis? (I think the "live" empire representatives/minions won't be very happy though) I'm up for some real tennis too.

Anonymous said...

How about more asian sports - badminton and table tennis? =D

Anonymous said...

I think Velius really does have a table tennis setup...at least, that would explain why he is so good at it.

Velius said...

I used to have a table tennis table at my old house. But after we moved and I was off to college, my parents donated the table to the local Chinese cultural center along with my piano. But, if you want to play table tennis or badminton, we can play at the Chinese Cultural center nearby.

Kungfucius said...

After thinking about it a bit more, I think Heroscape will be more trouble than it's worth to bring down since I'll probably have to bring it in its own carryon -_-

Anonymous said...

omg! I need to badger Oct into letting us stay a little longer! :'( Staying for one night seems a waste, really. : /

It doesn't really matter what all we do, I haven't been in Houston enough to really suggest anything. :P

Wow, I really hope I can talk Oct into letting us stay longer. :( I'm not too hopeful, though. :(

Anonymous said...

Velius, are there any good Korean BBQ places near there?

Anonymous said...

mahjong and chipotle burrito. :)

Velius said...

To Ender: Yes, there are several VERY good korean BBQ places. The kind where you just order a pile of seasoned meat and you get to cook it yourself.

To Tochi: If you are looking for mexican food, there are also several good mexican places nearby. If you wanna gamble....errr just gimme all your money, and we can pretend you lost it gambling =p

To Molridia: It would be nice if you all can stay longer and there is more than enough space for you two, but definitely talk it over with Octos first and realize that "Real Life" comes first, sadly enough.

Anonymous said...

How about getting some tix to see NBA or NFL game?