Monday, January 15, 2007

I don't wanna be...

Before going to China, my mom charged me with a very important task. I had to swipe a discover card twice each month. Apparently, as a stipend for taking out a large no-interest loan, Discover required them to use the card at least twice a month or else the interest rate would skyrocket to something like 27%. The card itself also had a very high 19% interest on items purchased. Luckily, I usually circumvent this by buying 2 packs of gum at 20 cents each.

Well, today, as I was doing my usual round of purchasing 2 packs of gum at a local store. There was quite a long line and this guy behind me was obviously growing inpatient. So as I proceeded to scan a pack of gum twice, he looked at me VERY suspiciously. The problem is this card is in my mom's name, so in essence, I am committing credit card fraud twice every month by forging my mom's signature (with her permission) on the receipts. This guy kept staring at me like I was a criminal until I finally finished, and kept staring at me as I walked briskly to the exit.

3 comments:

moonfleck said...

Am I locked out of Ventrilo? boo..

Anyway, I want to let you know House won Golden Globes and his speech was mad funny :)

Oh and I got frauded before being a cashier by this guy buying a pack of gum with 100 bucks and he did some magical hand switching thing while I was giving him his change and swiped 50 bucks off me. left me completely dumbfounded.

Anonymous said...

There's a new Vent PW, which we can give you. Dang that guy had MAD SKILLZ. Awesome story 10/10.

Er, I mean that is terrible.

Velius said...

On a completely other note, I remember buying this pack of gum with a Benjamin, then totally pwning some n00b with my 1337 magical hand switching thing and swiping 50 bucks. Ahh, n00bs just don't pwn themselves you know.