Monday, January 08, 2007

Please don't eat me.

Recently found that my house was infested by termites! While I do enjoy watching what kinds of intricate patterns they can eat into my walls, I enjoy not having my roof collapse on me more. As such, I hired Orkin to come and eliminate them. Didn't start out too well as the first lady I talked to accidentally signed me up for "pest control" instead of "termite control" and so I wasted half a thursday waiting. After getting signed up correctly, the people did a overall fantastic job.

They came and drilled holes in my walls and foundation, then foamed the house up good! Then they replaced everything they cut and left it pretty much just as it was before. Overall, I rate their service as very professional.

On a completely different note: I was finally able to pick up my Grand Marshal's Dirk this morning. All I need is a +15 agility enchant and I am all set. Never realized how much fun Combat Daggers can be!

6 comments:

moonfleck said...

Ah.. good for you that you did not have to experience what I did in Mark VI, where I woke up one morning and found that there were hole on my window sill and thousands of termites is falling out of it onto my desk as they finally chew through the wood.

Anonymous said...

Next time just use instant arcane explosion. It works in DM North.

Also... if Nadiya or Xhandra is willing to help, I think Alaly is ready to start that horrible Timbermaw faction grind. It can't possibly be worse than when Lans did it.

Velius said...

Sure, sounds good, let's go kill furbolgs. I guess I will come as Nadiya for the exp and remove curse.

Anonymous said...

What is Mark VI? Sounds like some kind of high tech secret lab.

Tochi said...

I'm very ignorant when it comes to termites. What does the foam do exactly? Suffocate them?

Velius said...

The foam is poisonous to them apparently, so they die. Mark VI was a super gundam suit that moonfleck had back when she was a galactic super heroine. Unfortunately, because of a design flaw, it was made from wood and termites ended her career prematurely.