Thursday, March 20, 2008

Frog Eggs...Yum

My boss here at work is really cool and today, we convinced him to take the entire team to Chinatown for lunch. Surprisingly, NONE of my workers had ever been to Chinatown before so we obviously decided to go to one of the landmarks of chinese cuisine...House of Bowls!! My boss and a coworker both ordered the Chao Fen Singapore style (#41) and I had my usual (#104). They also ordered 2 orders of chicken wings, even though I warned them it was way too much food. They loved the food and afterwards, I suggested we try some Tapioca milk tea.

I was surprised that none of them had ever even heard of tapioca milk tea. This time, I did not make the mistake of referring to the awesome tapioca balls as frog eggs....Much apologies to RegiBlue. Most people I know find the somewhat slimy texture of the tapioca disturbing, but to my surprise, most of my coworkers loved it as well. All in all, I would say today was a totally unproductive day as the carb bombardment left us all in comas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After lunch did you all get haircuts? Hahaha, I crack myself up!

I thought everyone knew that tapioca balls were actually fish roe and not frog eggs.

Unknown said...

Did you just go home afterwards? haha...

Unknown said...

Yeah, same here with my coworkers. None of them even know where Chinatown is! I guess I'm too used to going there (I figure I don't know where "Indian town" or other ethnicity places are).

Anyways, we went to San Dong. Beef Noodle etc..