Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Deadliest Bake

The trip to Illinois has been pretty good so far. Monday was just a massively long day of driving with the highlight being my getting my first speeding ticket ever for going 82 in a 65 zone. Strangely, they gave me the option to pay $75 cash and mail in the citation and within a year, it would be wiped from my record. Seems a bit sketchy but I'll take it.

Tuesday was more driving and visiting power plants. The setup went really well and the people were generally very happy with how the barcode scanners worked. The highlight of the day was lunch at this local restaurant. They offered such awesome food as the "Widowmaker" burger where they give you a living will with each meal. This burger was 2 patties piled high with bacon, dressing, cheese, and I presume fresh Kendall Lard or whatever it was. I ordered the chicken pot pie which was totally awesome. I couldn't even finish this pie because they packed sooo much stuff into it. The most ludicrous offering they had though was the 6 layer chocolate cake. This beast is literally 6 whole cake layers thick with frosting between each layer. I swear the oven is it's blood.

No comments: