Thursday, April 17, 2008

What is Rondo? and Why is it of Swords?

I have had a craving for a nice turn-based rpg (ala FF: Tactics style) for a while now, and Kira had told me about this SRPG. I had not really considered getting a DS at that point, but with the recent change in events, I decided to pick this game up.
One interesting little trick is that you don't actually "attack" enemies, rather, you set a course to move through them. It's a pretty unique system and one that I think should be employed by other games in the future.
Another nice thing about this game is the absolutely punishing difficulty. This is probably the ONLY game where I have lost repeatedly in the TUTORIAL missions. There is a in-battle save system, but it's not exploitable as the instant you save, it kicks you to the menu and the instant you load the in-battle save, the game deletes the save. However, being the masochistic, OCD gamer that I am, I absolutely love this.

Addendum: Well, turns out Rondo is the last movement of a sonata, so this can loosely be translated as A Symphony of Swords.

1 comment:

moonfleck said...

lol it does look like the perfect game for you. I expect you to be occupied for quite some time :)