Friday, June 15, 2007

So...I guess they DO look at it

Got a phone call this morning from a background checking service for Accenture saying that they could not verify my employment at Shell Technology and Service Center. I let them know that it was a contracted position through BluWare and gave them their number. Hopefully it will get resolved. Now, I used to think that companies didn't really verify this information and just took it for granted. I am glad I didn't put something like First Sergeant in the USMC!! While this wouldn't have been entirely "untrue", I think forcing them to look through the military ranks for a certain "Cucumbernator" probably would have pissed them off further. Hmmm.....I hope they don't find out about that harem I used to run...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, the harem was made up of contract positions through BioWare.

Anonymous said...

Did the application also ask for any references? Hopefully your former boss gave you a good review?

Velius said...

Everything else checked out just fine according to them, just the employment at Shell since it was through a contractor.