Monday, April 19, 2010

Project 365: Day 103


Sunday was another jam-packed day filled with sightseeing. We woke up at around noon which was really late considering our flight was at 5:40. We hurriedly made our way onto the subway and towards the Smithsonian again. We met up with one of =VGI= eLemonator's friends and set about visiting the many monuments around the National Mall. Because of the time constraint, PP and I were only able to see the World War II Memorial, Washington Monument, and Lincoln Memorial in any sort of detail. Since the last time I went was when I was maybe 8 years old, I found all of it very new and exciting. The World War II Memorial was done very nicely and was my favorite. We ate a hot dog at the Lincoln Memorial then hurried off to our flight. The flight came into Houston under pouring rain, but luckily we were able to avoid the flooding before it got too serious. If I had to do it again, I would definitely take a day off and stay another day. There are just so many other things I wanted to see but didn't get time.

1 comment:

Pekoe said...

Nice shot - I think my P365 for today is going to be a similar photo too :P. I like the angle - gives it the height perspective.