Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Project 365: Day 99


So what exactly is my "nationality?" Sure, I was born in China, but I really don't feel any intense Nationalism for China. PP and I were having this discussion and we couldn't really reach a consensus. It's more like I am pretty ambivalent towards foreign affairs and don't have this great desire to love my country, be it China or US. I feel like this isn't necessarily a bad thing as it makes one highly adaptable to any environment, but PP feels like it's a great loss to not have a deep sense of nationalism. Both arguments have good points. Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think having a deep sense of culture is what's important. This can be easily confused with Nationalism at times. I think there's an important difference, because your Nations are purely political identities that can be led astray depending on who's in charge, but cultural identity and values tend to stay true.