Monday, January 14, 2008

Makeover.....for my wallet

In keeping with the makeover theme of things, Citicard has decided to mark my account as fraudulent and basically forced me to close my account and get a new one. Apparently, through their advanced fraud detection algorithm, they discovered that buying semi-expensive clothing was totally against my nature and flagged those Austin purchases at GAP and Express as being fraudulent. While this makes me relatively pissed off since I now have to switch all of my automatic bill pay to the new card, I feel as if this is somewhat of an ironic twist. I think maybe I should shop at these stores more often so that my occasional visits to Austin will not result in the closing of future accounts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, does this mean that you don't have to pay up for those clothes?? After all, you are not responsible for some "criminal" stealing your card and purchasing some nice shirts.

Anonymous said...

Next thing you know, some "criminal" will buy a ps3 using your card!