Thursday, January 03, 2008

Veg Out III: Day 7-Homeward Bound

Woke up early and headed out to the airport. While BlueBerry had already left the night before, his spirit was still with us as it mentioned that Google was an awesome place to work because of the free food they provided and how he loved to drink blueberries because they were the best berry. He also mentioned that there was no point of going out to eat because the food was worse than the food Google offered and he had an amazing DS that did everything but cure cancer.

We made it to the airport at around 6 am with about 1 hour left before my flight departed. As we entered, I saw that the Continental line to check in wrapped all the way around the lobby. Upon further investigation, I learned that about 30 of these people in line also had 7 am flights out. The Continental representative was totally not helpful as he insisted that everyone just wait in line. When 6:40 rolled around, I basically thought I wouldn’t get home today because the next couple of flights out were all fully booked. Just as it looked like I was going to spend some more quality time at the airport, a senior Continental representation started organizing the crowd and rushed the 7 am flight passengers through baggage check in. I finally got my boarding pass at around 6:55 and sprinted all the way through security and arrived at the gate JUST in time to catch the flight.

At the end of the day, we had all reached our respective destinations safely. This Veg Out was certainly the most adventurous one to date and a lot of fond memories were created.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heard about the trip from cat, but good to read a different perspective. i can imagine blueberry's voice in my head telling me how great google is ;)

also, i'm thinking of a different mathematical pattern of time between posts - perhaps i should go for constant 1 month increments, 3, then 4, then 5 months between posts. or maybe even a fibonacci sequence :)