Friday, January 18, 2008

New Phone

My old ancient phone broke during the trip to Austin. I had been with Sprint for so long, but I found their coverage kinda lacking so I decided to switch it up to AT&T. Best part was I was able to get 16% off monthly fee with company discount.
Trying to get my account information from Sprint was very difficult though. They must have spent about 20 minutes telling me how valuable a customer I was and how they had all these plans. Everytime I tried to get the account number, they seemed to magically come up with an even better deal than the last. Finally, after just flat out telling them that I didn't want to stay with them, they finally relinquished the account number.
I got a Samsung SGH-A747 phone with the plan. The phone is nice and thin and supposedly scratch resistant. We shall see.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same phone # still?

moonfleck said...

yay! congratulations, you can't finish a makeover without a new phone :)

Anonymous said...

I guess those magically appearing Sprint deals were just not good enough to retain you? Out of curiosity, how good were those deals?

Tochi said...

It's not surprising that Sprint tried their mighty best to keep you, given the following news: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/19/technology/19sprint.html

Tochi said...

Stupid blogger truncated my previous link. Click me.

Velius said...

Same number